The customer is always right. Would you agree? Being on the front lines of customer service is a huge responsibility. When you’re exposed to a wide range of emotions it can be difficult to keep a positive, inspiring and motivated spirit about your brand’s products and services. But don’t give up!
Positive customer experiences can open doors to greater sales and happier customers. In fact “70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated.” With such a big percentage coming from these touch points, it’s pivotal to take notice of how your business creates a culture of customer satisfaction. Keeping customers is a long game strategy – it’s built off consistent interactions and relationships. So, how can your customer service team continue to care for your customers and treat them to a positive experience?
Here are 20 quotes that will inspire, motivate and transform your perspective to do just that:
1. “A customer talking about their experience with you is worth ten times that which you write or say about yourself.” – David J. Greer, Wind In Your Sails
2. “Southwest Airlines is successful because the company understands it's a customer service company. It also happens to be an airline.” – Harvey Mackay, New York Times Best-Selling Author
3. “It's so important to experience what your customers are experiencing and listen to their suggestions.” – David Neeleman, Founder of Morris Air, WestJet, JetBlue Airways and Azul Brazilian Airlines
4. “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.” – Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon
5. “Storytelling is a central part of our marketing. We think about what stories we can feed to the press and to social media--things that make people take notice, things people want to share and talk about... You don't push your product. You create things that are fun to talk about, to write about, to share.” – Steph Korey, Co-Founder, and CEO of Away
6. "Everyone talks about building a relationship with your customer. I think you build one with your employees first." – Angela Ahrendts, Senior Vice President of Apple
7. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi, Activist
8. “From my very first day as an entrepreneur, I've felt the only mission worth pursuing in business is to make people's lives better.” – Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
9. “I'm most passionate about personalization. I firmly believe that personalized experiences with brands will most drive loyalty and relevance for customers in the future.” – Katrina Lake, Founder, and CEO of Stitch Fix
10. “You have to understand who your customer is and her motivations and marry it to what's happening in the outside world.” – Mindy Grossman, CEO of WW International
11. “There is only one boss; the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company, from the chairman down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Sam Walton, Founder of Sam’s Club and Walmart
12. “My motivation comes from a desire to make a difference in the quality of people's lives.” – Marie Forleo, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist
13. “I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions they will be moved to act.” – Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft Corporation
14. “It doesn't matter whether your company is one person or a million people. People want to know they matter. They want to know they're listened to.” – Peter Shankman, Founder of HARO
15. “Make a customer, not a sale.” – Katherine Barchetti, Realtor
16. “If you make a sale you make a living. If you make an investment of time and good service in a customer, you can make a fortune.” – Jim Rohn, Entrepreneur, Author, and Motivational Speaker
17. “Offer your customer a long term relationship, then do everything possible to build and maintain it.” – Brian Tracy, Motivational Speaker, and Author
18. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, 'Make me feel important.' Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” – Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics, Inc.
19. “Tell your prospective client what your weak points are before he notices them. This will make you more credible when you boast about your strong points.” – David Ogilvy, Ogilvy on Advertising
20. “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” – Walt Disney, Co-Founder of The Walt Disney Company
Whether in tech, advertising or media these 20 insightful quotes about customer service relate the importance of relationships – from happy employees to satisfied customers. Customer service begins with the people and culture your business creates. Ready to strengthen your positive customer experience from the bottom up? Browse these additional articles below: